jueves, 4 de abril de 2013

Cuentos de amor de locura y de muerte


I'd like to recommend you all, this book: "Cuentos de amor de locura y de muerte". His author is Horacio Quiroga. He was a famous Uruguayan writer who's tales were compared with Edgar Allan Poe's. I read it when I was in 10th grade of high school in 2008. It was a book chosen by my spanish teacher to read it in that year. It has a lot of tales in it about love and death, in most of all somebody dies. I especially like the tale called "El almohadón de plumas" it talk about a just married couple that goes to live in a scary house, then the wife suddenly get sick, and become weaker and weaker until she dies of a parasite that was living in her pillow and drinking her blood. This tale was very exciting to read, it has a lot of suspence and when I find the truth about her, it was the scariest thing ever.

4 comentarios:

  1. I read some stories of this book. Indeed, "The Feather Pillow" is a great tale, but I prefered "The Barbed Wire" ("El Alambre de Púa"), because I think it's sadder and not too sickening.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. My brother read it in school and led me to read a tail that caught his attention, “La Gallina Degollada”, that was really scary!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. that book is so weird we shouldn't have read it as young :(

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It sounds interesting. I need to say, when I was reading your review, just could think, it seems so made for an amazing illustrations book.

    Thank you!

    ResponderEliminar