jueves, 4 de julio de 2013

Do schools kill creativity?




Hi everyone!


Today I will talk you about the video of Ken Robinson of the creativity. I have seen a talk of him in TED before, a video that illustrate the things that he is saying. And he explains in a better way some concepts like the ADHD disorder and how schools treat children and push them to calm "to help them study". When they really are causing them the lost of their creativity and self expression making them think that don't show your artistic part is the correct thing, that the scientific and mathematic is the thing that matters in life, in the future and in their jobs.
We know that the cause of things is the system of education; therefore, teachers and classmates are the principal cause of this treat to students. I have my own experience that has to do with embarrassing their students than directly restricting their creativity. Anyway I think that it causes the same consequence, when you embarrass someone you make them shy and their never feel secure to say or feel something and be able to express it to someone else.

Finally there are two things that cause problems with the self growth: the lack of stimulation, the limitation of the former and the bullying problem. Here a leave you a trailer about a documental “Bully”. I saw it with other videos about this film a few months ago and I could almost feel the realty of those kids it is very harsh to see.


1 comentario:

  1. I agree with you. When I was in primary school, my History teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told him that I wanted to be an illustrator of children's stories, and he laughed at me!
    But anyway, I think that being "secretly creative" is a kind of shelter and a safe outlet of feelings (to avoid collapsing emotionally) when you're being bullied.

    ResponderEliminar